Projects and Road Maps
- NewSTEP - NewSTEP is an innovative approach that seeks to effectively integrate new sustainable energy technology with spatial planning. There are existing cases in Iceland, Estonia, Sweden, Denmark and Germany that show the need for an integrated approach to sustainable energy technology and landuse planning which can lead to improved planning and investment processes and environmental/social/economic benefits as well as better reliability of the energy system. The NewSTEP initiative will analyse these cases and other relevant best practices to determine the key elements of the various approaches and consolidate them in a suite of generic draft approaches called a “policy toolbox”.
- Environmental governance- development of concept of how to successfully link different planning tiers with help of EA into sustainable solutions 2014-
- Capacity building project on planning system (it has been officially labeled as spatial generation system) development. 2017
- Development of training course for the spatial planners 2017-2018
- Development of the SEA guidance 2016-2017
- Development of IAIA fastips on effective stakeholder engagement 2015
- Development of the Estonian spatial planning guidance system 2012-2014
- Development of the SEA/EIA follow-up guidance 2013
- Development of the guidelines of management plans of large nature reserves and national parks 2012
- Upcoming advanced training course to the SEA experts 2018
- Training of students, Tartu University 2011-
Each spring multidisciplinary groups (ecologists, environmental engineers, biologists, geographers) are formed for a two month practical study on relevant and actual subjects in planning and Environmental assessment. Beside the practical study, an important goal is also team work organisation, report preparation and delivery, oral defence of the results etc.
- Advanced training course to the SEA experts 2016
- Various lectures and training courses to the government organisatons and municipalities from 2010 and onwards